المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : subjects for englisch exams ********s classe

walid
11-04-2013, بتوقيت غرينيتش 05:09 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اريد ان اشكركم كتيرا على هذا الموقع و اريد ان اشارككم و لو بالقليل و اول مادة هي اللانجليزية للشعبتين اللغات و الادب و الفلسفة في مدينة عنابة
http://www.dzbatna.com/images/smilies/mh92.gif

Part One Reading

Read the text carefully then do the activities

Arabic( Islamic) Influence on Medicine

Arabic, or what is called Islamic, science in terms of ******** in space and time denotes the scientific activities of individuals who lived in a region that might extended chronologically from the eighth century A .D .to the beginning of the modern era, and geographically from the Iberian Peninsula and north Africa to the Indus valley and from the southern Arabia to the Casian Sea that is , the region covered for most of that period by what we call Islamic Civilization, and in which the results of the activities referred to, were for the most part expressed in the Arabic ********.
The West has not not done justice to the influence of the Muslims on the historical development of medicine. Western writers have given little prominence to Islamic Scientific and intellectual contributions to this field. But the fact is that the Muslims carried the torch of science and thought in an age when no other civilization was able of doing so. At one time, learning was regarded as heresy, and the Eastern Christian Church persecuted all scientists.They, fleeing from persecution, found no refuge but the Islamic leaders, which look them in and acquired from them the scientific heritage of the time .They were given a great deal of veneration and respect by the Muslims, whoendeavoured to ensure for them a congenial atmosphere in which to work and to develop learning .That was the beginning of a universal cultural revolution which enlightened the ancient world, and which the West later embraced, inheriting from the Muslims theirscientific and intellectual achievements.

Source unknown

A -Comprehension
1-What is the main idea of the text above ?

2-Are these statements True or False ?
a-The Islamic civilization covered a small part of the Arabic areas
b-Western writers have given much information about the Islamic civilization
c-The western and the Islamic regions reached the top of the civilization at the same time
d-The Islamic empire gave scientists hand to make researches at ease

3-In which paragraph are the following ideas mentioned?
a-Islamic science covered the ancient and the new period
b-The Islamic civilization played a great role in changing the world

4- What do the words in bold types refer to in the text?

B-Text Exploration

1-Find in the text words whose definition follow
*What people left for their sons after death
*One hundred years

2-Rewrite sentence b so as it means as sentence a
*a-Western writers should have admitted the Muslims 'role in their civilization !
b- It's high time
*a-I had not continued my studies so I didn't get a good job
b-I wish

3- Classify according to the pronunciation of final 'ed'
Developed - lasted - flourished - collapsed

4-Reorder these sentences to make a coherent passage
a-characterized by the practice of agriculture and settlement in cities.
b-civilization is a kind of human society or culture
c-specifically ,it is usually understood to be a complex society

Part Two Written Expression
Choose one of the following topics
Topic One
What are the main causes of the collapse of civilizations?

Topic Two
What would you do to eradicate corruption if you were the President ?

finally i wich that i can help u and big tnx for my teacher who helps me for sending u this .

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/482113_236967293114455_1193518507_n.png (http://www.dzbatna.com)
©المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى (http://www.dzbatna.com)©

استعمل مربع البحث في الاسفل لمزيد من المواضيع

سريع للبحث عن مواضيع في المنتدى